The CPAP Study Guide to VCE Legal Studies 12th edition
The 12th edition of the CPAP Study Guide to VCE legal studies (2023) is a publication that is designed to supplement any senior VCE Legal Studies Unit 3 and 4 text. The new 12th edition will be revised by the author, Megan Blake, and will continue to closely follow the current Study Design. The Study Guide will follow the same format as previous editions to include the key information students require to successfully complete the VCE Legal Studies Unit 3 and 4 course. The author will use her years of experience as a teacher, presenter and examination assessor to cover the key knowledge and skills in a way that focuses upon preparation for assessment tasks, in particular, the end of year examination. The 12th edition will include the latest ‘exam tips’ as well the inclusion of any new developments relating to theory/practice and/or interpretations of the Study Design. The publication will include an updated ‘Bonus End of Year Examination’, updated mini-exams relating to each area of study and revised ‘You be the Assessor’ sections that have proved to be popular for students preparing for assessment tasks throughout the year. Orders for this publication can be made by sending an email to CPAP with a school order number or completing the 2023 order form or alternatively visiting the CPAP sales section of the website in November 2022.
The CPAP Study Guide to VCE legal studies includes:
- reference throughout the publication to ‘interpretation errors’ students should avoid in the examination, including the common mistakes made by students in recent examinations!;
- a concise and easy to understand coverage of the course content;
- ‘mini exams’ that follow each area of study (four in total), complete with suggested responses at the end of the book;
- review questions throughout the publication;
- extensive ‘up to date’ examination advice at the end of the Study Guide;
- a bonus examination with downloadable answers; and
- a new section following each area of study titled ‘You be the Assessor’ with analysis of sample responses
Digital copies of CPAP textbooks and study guides can only be purchased exclusively from our partner providers Campion and Educational ebooks
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Megan Blake (LLB, BA (Melb) Dip Ed, Postgrad Dip Arts (Research) (Monash)) completed a law degree at the University of Melbourne and worked for a number of years with private law firms and large corporations. Since joining the teaching profession, Megan has been a teacher of VCE Legal Studies and has been actively involved in Legal Studies education. She had positions of responsibility with the VCAA, most recently as a member of the panel designing the 2011-2017 Legal Studies Study Design, and she has had a number of years experience as a VCE Legal Studies examination assessor. Megan is a prolific writer of Legal Studies resources, co-authoring Legal Fundamentals in Australia, authoring the quarterly CPAP Legal Studies Updates and writing CPAP practice examinations and assessment tasks. Megan has also authored works for Jacaranda and has extensive experience presenting student lectures and workshops.